Respite Care in the Sunshine Coast Region
Caring for a Loved One? We Can Help!
Many times, caring for a client involves family, so Best In Care Australia can also play a role in providing “respite care” for the family caregiver (i.e. a wife caring for a husband or a daughter/son caring for her/his
parents). Constant caregiving can bring considerable stress, because the caregiver’s focus is centered on the one needing care. Very often, we see that when we give relief with daily routines, allowing the family caregiver(s) more time for themselves, the relationship strengthens.
In the 21st Century, the demands placed on family and other informal caregivers continue to escalate, and will eventually affect nearly every Australian family. It’s everyone’s greatest fear: a parent starts to forget things…he becomes bewildered, confused, and angry…finally, he can’t take care of himself and needs full-time care. Adult children are increasingly faced with their biggest nightmare – parents who are as helpless as young children.
If you find yourself caring for a loved one, you are not alone!
Best In Care Australia can help you by providing:
- Qualified, caring, trained, insured, and flexible caregivers who can help you take a few hours, without feeling guilty or stressed, while you take care of yourself or other members of your family. Our caregivers can assist your elderly loved one for a few hours a week, a few hours a day, or more. Giving yourself a little bit of time away may be just what the doctor ordered and will help you to be a much better family caregiver.
- In-home assessments. We routinely perform in-home assessments that result in a customized care plan for your loved ones. You may choose to have us carry out the care plan in whole or in part, or you may simply choose to use the care plan to improve your own ability to care for your loved one.
- Access to information and training for caregivers. We have access to (and offer) a wealth of information, training and resources for caregivers.
- Fall-prevention assessments and training. One of the largest sources of injuries among seniors is falling. We can help you assess the risks that your loved one faces and provide education on how to minimize the risk of falling. Also, if you request, we will even conduct a free workshop on fall prevention for your group. Visit the Fall Prevention section to learn more.
- Home safety checks. We have extensive experience in the multi-faceted process of ensuring that your loved one’s home is safe, which is vital to maintaining independence for as long as possible.
- Support and understanding. We can help you get connected with support groups and individuals in our area that can help YOU, as well as help you care for your loved one.
So if you are a family caregiver in needs of some help, don’t hesitate to
. You can talk to us about your unique situation, schedule a free in-home assessment, and be well on your way to a happier, healthier life for you and your loved one.